Welcome to the 8th grade IB transition class programme
We’re very much looking forward to some exciting and challenging days together with you.
In the transition class programme you will meet with teachers and students that wil guide you throughout your stay. They will show you around the school, and share information about the different subjects that you will meet in the transition class programme. You will learn about the construction of the pre-IB and IB educations and about everyday life at the school. There will be plenty of time to answer all your questions.
We hope that the transition class programme will give you clarity as to which education you would like to do in the future.
Duration: Two or three days
Where: AARHUS GYMNASIUM, Kileparken 25, 8381 Tilst.
The first day you will meet in the canteen just inside the main entrance.
Meeting time: 8:30 – 2 pm
Canteen: You can buy lunch and snacks using your credit card or MobilePay.
Absence: Please contact your own school
You can look forward to a couple of days of new and exciting experiences as well as academic challenges.
You will have a full programme, just like the pre-IB-students, but your lessons are specially planned taking your academic level and English skills into consideration. You will experience several different subjects and learn about the possibilities to design your own IB programme. You will meet IB teachers and IB students from all over the world and in this way get an idea of what it is like to be a part of the IB culture.
You will get answers to questions such as
- What makes the pre-IB and IB an interesting youth education?
- What is special about the IB compared to other youth education programmes?
- What is the everyday life of a pre-IB and IB student like?
- How do I become a pre-IB/IB student?
- What career opportunities will I have with an IB exam?
- What international opportunities does an IB exam give me?
We expect that
- you take active part in the teaching
- you bring a laptop as well as paper and pen
- you are present for all lessons